Airlines have restrictions for certain dangerous goods, however, a passenger is entitled to carry a life jacket with a C0² cartridge fitted and up to two spare cartridges. See Dangerous Goods Regulations below.
Dangerous Goods Regulations
Provisions for Dangerous Goods Carried by Passengers or Crew
Non-flammable gas cylinder fitted into a life jacket containing carbon dioxide or other soluble gas in Division 2.2, up to two (2) small cylinders per passenger, and up to two (2) spare cartridges.
- Permitted in or as carry-on baggage YES
- Permitted in or as checked baggage YES
- Permitted on one’s person YES
- The approval of the operator(s) is required YES
- The pilot-in-command must be informed of the locations NO